Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Learning as We Go

We're about four days away from getting on a plane with four suitcases, two backpacks and a hairy orange cat named Simba. I can't explain the happiness and intrigue I feel about this decision - to break our lease, sell my car, quit my job and pack away our belongings so that we can move to Germany. I'm still not sure why everything has fallen into place so nicely (knocking on wood), but I must say, I feel extremely blessed and appreciative, for not only the opportunity to move to Europe, but for the outpouring support from our family and friends that we've received in the last two months.

Anyways, it's interesting what you don't think about before starting the moving process. For instance, does the country your moving to have separate insurance requirements for animals? Do you need an international drivers permit for a rental car at the airport? Or, (the best one) will the flight we just bought on Priceline let our cat fly? Nope. You just have to roll with the punches.

 I've gone into this experience with a very open mind - learn everything I can, soak up the culture, go for long walks and practice my German skills (non-existent right now). Many people ask me what I will be doing abroad while Derek is at work all day. My answer: living life! I may not be tied to a desk or to emails, heck, I won't even have Facebook on my phone! I'll be learning a new language, cooking a different style of food, exploring a new country and planning some fabulous trips for when you come visit! I'll see what God has in store for the rest. Maybe I'll try my waitress skills again, or become an English tutor. Who knows! But we'll soon see.  

I'll be writing on this blog regularly - and I promise to write more interestingly that what you've seen so far.

Siehe später!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it with me!