Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Short & Sweet Two Cents

Today's ThinkKit prompt: Whether you asked for it – or not – what good advice did you get this year? Did it come from an unexpected source? Was it unsolicited, or did you need a word or two after an eventful day, week, or month? Has the advice changed the way you think about the world? 


I have this written on a post-it note on my desk at work. I also have it on the main page of this blog. This motto of sorts has been guiding advice for me for several years now, and the idea of it is something I learned to appreciate while living abroad (when I had ALOT of time to myself). Earlier this year, I read this quote in an article that I can't seem to find and once again, it hit home.

When I get lost in the day-to-day activities of life and start to stress and worry about unimportant details, I like to think back to these wise words. If you lose perspective or don't let yourself try to see a new one, you really could lose it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it with me!